True North's proven sales record
For four consecutive years, True North Real Estate, LLC has ranked first in cumulative real estate sales results in Door County, according to the Door County Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data. In 2015, True North accounted for more than 16% of the total market, proving that our commitment to honor the true Door County experience continues to get great results.
True North celebrated its seven-year anniversary in 2015 with its busiest year ever. “We are dedicated to building relationships with our clients and working hard, year-round, to match buyers and sellers,” says Dan Mortier, True North broker/partner. “We love what we do, and our results reflect that.”
Listing your property with the top-producing brokerage firm in the area increases your exposure to qualified buyers. True North agents interact with prospective buyers for your home on a daily basis, to help you make the best possible sale in our market.Listing Tips
Once you’ve decided to list your home, we can offer suggestions on how to maximize appeal to prospective buyers. Here are seven proven tips to attract offers:
- Do the details. Updating bathroom and kitchen fixtures, applying a fresh coat of paint and purchasing new curtains are inexpensive ways to give your home an updated feel. And those niggling repairs you’ve been putting off? Now is the time to fix that loose doorknob or patch the siding.
- Curb appeal. First impressions are indelible. A small investment in attractive planters, blooming annuals in the garden or a new mailbox will pay off in the long run.
- Kitchen Redux. Kitchens are the focal point of family life and the most important room to many buyers. Here’s where an investment in new appliances, countertops or flooring are a smart investment.
- Declutter and depersonalize. Closets should be half empty, to help buyers imagine their clothing and belongings in the home. Store extra items off site to show airy storage spaces, something there is seemingly never enough of in a home.
- Conceal your critters. Hide any signs of pets (food dishes, litter boxes) and be sure your pets aren’t around when the home is being shown.
- Purposeful space. If you have rooms with no discernable purpose, create one. Make the small room off your kitchen into a home office or sewing room to show the buyer the space’s potential.
- Keep it clean. Show that you take exceptional care of your home by providing booties or asking guests to remove their shoes.