Centrally located on the Lake Michigan side of the peninsula, Baileys Harbor is marked by two iconic lighthouses – the Birds Nest Lighthouse and the Cana Island Lighthouse. Home to thousands of acres of wetlands and wilderness preserved at the Ridges Sanctuary, Toft Point, Björklunden and the Mud Lake Recreation Area, Baileys Harbor also boasts the natural air conditioning of its lakeside location. On windy days, kite boarders literally sail the waves at Anclam Park, to the delight of all who watch.
- Find Baileys Harbor events, businesses and information here.
- The Ridges is a 1,600 acre wildflower sanctuary which offers hiking, nature classes and summer camps.
- Björklunden is a 425-acre estate bequeathed to Lawrence University. Björklunden offers week-long adult education seminars in summer.
- Door Shakespeare, located on the grounds of Björklunden, offers performances of the Bard’s plays in repertory during the summer.
- Search for listings in Baileys Harbor