This site is owned and operated by True North Real Estate, LLC (TNRE).
Your privacy on the Internet is of paramount importance to us. At TNRE, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe. Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
Information TNRE Gathers and Tracks
TNRE gathers three types of information about users:
- Information that users provide in an effort to obtain property data from our site on a per listing search basis. These are, in some cases, mandatory submissions to receive information from our clients and updates from TNRE on any change of status that our clients make. They are in other cases, completely voluntary in nature and at the convenience of each user.
- Property search information. When a user of our site has created a login and password TNRE monitors the property inquiries obtained when clicking through to a detailed property specification.
- Home finder search results are stored under each users profile. TNRE tracks the user profiles and monitors when a user has returned to the site, how often and what properties have been viewed. TNRE does this to track individual traffic to its listings and alert respective clients of said inquiries.
TNRE Gathers User Information In The Following Processes:
We offer the following fee services, which require some type of mandatory submission of personal information by clients and customers of our service:
- Administrative User Login Access: Allows the ability for a signed-in user to conduct detailed searches and save search settings. This requires a users email address, name and a either a user-specific password or system-generated password.
- User Access Individual users may gather information from the site and chose not to save searches. Such users may acquire information without submitting personal information or may submit personal information and details on purchase timeframe, unique search criteria specific to user interests and an intended price range for property being considered.
Optional Voluntary Information
We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
- Saved Property Searches We will offer free access to every listing posted to our site. In turn TNRE will require user information to be submitted voluntarily in an effort to track our target end points and improve the promotion of the site and depth of information found therein.
- Electronic Newsletters Policy We will, from time to time, offer a free electronic newsletter to users. TNRE gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page. Users can also subscribe to the newsletters at the time of registration.
- Polling We may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues. Opinions or other responses to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user. TNRE may use a system to “tag” users after they have voted, so they can vote only once on a particular question. This tag is not correlated with information about individual users.
- Surveys TNRE may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our sponsors, advertisers and partners. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
- Children Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
- Usage tracking TNRE tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. TNRE does break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
Use Of Information
TNRE uses any information given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
As stated above, we use information that users provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in polls and surveys. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. TNRE never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners. When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
Sharing of the Information
We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
TNRE operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters.
- Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users